Monday, January 25, 2010

A How To: wrap ties

My friend, Lauren Willis is having her first baby on February 14Th! It's a boy! So some fine ladies from church set up a shower for her and I got to work on getting some ties for her. Presentation is so much fun-don't you think? It is hard to find a way to present those ties though-in a cute way. They are so small it feels like your giving nothing!



Well, I bought this cute button up
years ago
from Wal-mart. It was on clearance after Easter, and probably cost me
a dollar.
I paired it up with a blue, newborn, necktie (made by yours truly).




I followed these steps:


  • Tuck the necktie under the shirt collar.
  • Place tissue paper into a small shirt box, pattern side down.
  • Fold arms behind the shirt to match the width of the box. Place
  • shirt in the box with the bottom out.
  • Tuck the bottom of the shirt underneath the rest of the shirt, and tuck in any remaining length of the tie.
  • Place a binky clip in the shirt pocket.
  • Fold one side of tissue paper over the shirt.
  • Place another tie on top of the tissue paper.
  • Fold remaining bits of tissue paper nicely into the box.
  • Use a strait pin to keep a bow tie in place.
  • Place lid on box.



I picked out some
great wrapping paper-%90 off at CVS after Christmas. .29 for the whole roll! I don't think it looks too Christmas-y...do you?
I had this puppy print ribbon and thought it is perfect for a baby boy! I tied it up in a bow and used a strait pin to pin on another bow tie. PERFECT!



SO-When
Lauren and George saw their gift-POP-there is one gift.
They opened it and - POP-another gift, turn the tissue paper-POP-gift number 3, one more turn and BOOOOM, WEEEE, there is the grand finally-a shirt and matching tie. It should fit baby Tristan perfectly right at Easter time!



Congrats Willis Family!

1 comment:

  1. ahhh Kelly, I am just seeing this now, over a year later! Oh how we did love that little outfit! You are so talented. We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete